Access 2010 FAQ
Is there a way to extract saved form background images to reuse elsewhere?
Yes, you can do this. The following steps work equally well in Access 2003, 2007, and 2010.
1. Take your form that has a background image or AutoFormat that you like
2. Right-click on the form in the Navigation Pane and select Export >> XML
3. On the first page of the wizard, select a destination to drop some files (Desktop is fine)
4. A small dialog will then appear with three check boxes
5. Select the first option (Data) and third option (Presentation) and then click OK
6. Click the Close button on the last page of the wizard after the export is complete
7. Navigate to where you dropped the files and, among other things, you'll find a new folder called Images
8. Open that folder to claim your prize
You can then browse to that background image for your new form and embed it if you like.
See more tips and tricks like this in my book: Microsoft Access 2010 Inside Out
Back to FAQ main page