Access 2007 FAQ
Where do I find the Northwind 2007 sample database?
The Northwind sample database in Access 2007 has been seriously overhauled from previous versions. You can open a copy of the Northwind 2007 database by using one of these methods.
Through the Getting Started Screen:
1. Open Access
2. On the Getting Started screen there are some categories listed in the left task pane
3. Click the one called Sample
4. You should see the Northwind 2007 template now in the middle of the screen, as seen below
5. Click on the icon, enter the name and location on the right task pane, and then click the Download button
You can search for the local template copy on your hard disk:
1. Open the Search function on your computer and scan for the file called Northwind.accdt
2. On a Win XP or Vista machine with a normal English install, the file is located here:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033\Access
3. Double-click on the file, enter the name and location on the right task pane of the Getting Started Screen, and then click the Create button, as seen below.
You can also download a copy of Northwind 2007 from this location on Office Online:
See more tips and tricks like this in our book: Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Back to FAQ main page